Pages

Saturday, 8 October 2016

I have a choice

Saturday, 8 October 2016
Life has its own way of teaching us lessons. Recently, it has been teaching me that life is short and we need to live it to the fullest. That phrase has always been so distant for me but recently I'm starting to get it and I can only hope that I'll remember it well. 

We only have 86,400 seconds of each day to spend, and every day, that timer resets to give us another chance to choose how we want to live our lives. Today, I got angry about something but after remembering this, I stopped. Why should I let something superficial affect me when I have the choice to be happy? I chose the latter and the anger faded.

I was also on a movie marathon at home today and I watched "The Devil Wears Prada". It's an old show and I watched it before but this time, the lead character got to me. Her job forced her to become somebody she wasn't and in the end she chose to leave, even though it meant losing something everyone else would die for. It is such an apt reminder for me to be myself, to live my life the way I want to, to do things with heart and not just out of obligation and to give the fullest to the people (and not things) in my life that matter. I hope I'm given the clarity with each choice I make in life and am constantly reminded of my purpose. I hope I keep these life lessons close to my heart, always.

Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caught, Blue-handed. © 2014