Pages

Wednesday, 2 March 2016

xxx

Wednesday, 2 March 2016
Sometimes you chance upon something you did in the past and it shows you how much you've grown or changed as a person. And sometimes, it also gives you a glimpse into the kind of person you used to be...

I was clearing out old emails and I found something I wrote 4 years ago:

"I feel... maybe I'm not giving him enough time to show he still cares... which I hope he does"

If I could go back in time, I think I would have slapped myself, for actually thinking that I needed to give someone time to show they care! O.o What was I thinking?  Just had to pen this down so that one day when I have a child, I need to teach him/her to never think this way. If someone cares, you'll know and you'll feel it. 

I can't believe I used to be so blinded and blamed myself for everything that someone did or didn't do. I can't believe I felt inferior and thought that care and love were things that had to be earned.

Now I'm just so glad a positive change came into my life. If not, I might have been stuck in that self-deprecating state for God knows how long. Phew! Ok, my rant is over. Peace out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caught, Blue-handed. © 2014