Today was a pretty eventful day, considering it's my first and last formal lesson of the week before Chinese New Year holidays. My 2nd class tomorrow is just proposal presentations from each group. Woke up early and left house early today. My first agenda of the day was to meet Joey for lunch and I was late because the train broke down! The electricity died on us in the middle of the tracks between two stations. This was my first time experiencing this in Singapore so at first I thought - oh no biggie, and continued reading my notes. After only 5 minutes, I realised how hot and stuffy it got and found that it was harder to breathe after about 10 minutes. (The curse of no ventilation). After 20 minutes, I think something pulled the train to the nearest station and the train driver manually opened the first door for everyone to get out. Called for a cab because of the extremely long taxi queue that formed and cabbed to town with mum.
Met Joey for lunch, we had noodles, was not bad! Then I went for a manicure! Yay to pretty neat nails! We walked around aimlessly for a bit and then I made my way to Miramar Hotel to pack some Chingay goodie bags.
Left around 4.30pm and headed to an imaginary career fair - it never existed! Turns out I mixed up the dates with the 2014 emailer (omg how could I!) Sigh. Anyway, I headed to school, ate my dinner, rested awhile and then went to class. Today's lesson was pretty chill and halfway into lesson, fireworks from afar started exploding outside the classroom window - was some CNY event. Prof decided to turn off all the lights so that we could enjoy the fireworks as it lasted! Guess today wasn't so bad after all!
Had a couple of ups and downs recently and I guess I just have to remember how very fortunate I am and to not take things for granted. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment