Being a year 4 and about to graduate, I've become an expert at living this life in SMU. I have less than 4 weeks left and just thinking about it makes me feel a little sad. It's week 11, I have 2 presentations and 2 reports due next Tuesday and these are barely near completion, yet I don't feel the stress. Managing projects like these have become second to nature and it's the weekly plannings I've been doing that takes the stress away from my never-ending pile of work so that I can just focus on the tasks to complete.
Chingay 2015 - one of my modules
This semester, I'm striving to meet an academic goal I set out for myself. I don't know if I'm halfway there yet because the bulk of the assessment relies on my performance these final 4 weeks. I can only hope that it will turn out okay.
Listening to ex-SMU students have also made me realise a lot about the working world and their experiences help shape my expectations. I think something I've been doing right or trying to do better is to focus more on my loved ones and family. Coming home early, eating at home, chit chatting and teasing each other are some things I know my parents look forward to from me - and I've been trying my best recently. I'm glad I'm trying to incorporate some work-family balance in my life.
Reflecting on my own life, I can only think of 2 things right now:
1. Life is short, make time for your family.
2. Live each day without regrets.
I hope I will always keep this close to my heart. (:


No comments:
Post a Comment