During the final leg of our short trip away from Iceland, we visited the other side of US. I enjoyed San Fran and all the different versions of clam chowder we tried. Yum!
In Las Vegas, we went skydiving and I was the first to jump off the plane. It was exhilarating and just fantastic to be overwhelmed for that free fall moment of a lifetime.
And yes I was drowning in the suit they gave me - probably because they had no small sizes left.
And yes I was drowning in the suit they gave me - probably because they had no small sizes left.
Enjoying myself to the max
And happy that I completed the jump!!!
Waited for Sam to come down and took this awesome shot.
You can tell we thoroughly enjoyed our dives!
We stayed at this hostel - the hollywood youth international hostel. It is situated at the most convenient location, just opposite Hollywood highland center and the chinese theatre but please DO NOT ever go there. I got bitten by bed bugs all over my arms and legs and it was just a horrid place to live in. When we spoke to other patrons, they complained of bed bugs too.
Just outside the hostel - shopping!
Universal Studios Hollywood - this was exceptionally special, simply because I love visiting theme parks like these (I have probably been to USS Singapore 4-5 times already) and it was also my first anniversary present from Sam. Had so much fun and the weather couldn't be more perfect!
Unlike USS Singapore, they have a plethora of packages and discounts. We paid for one day and got this year free! (:
Also, I think it's extra cool that they printed our names on the tickets hahaha - of course I know it's for verification purpose in case we come back.
Also, I think it's extra cool that they printed our names on the tickets hahaha - of course I know it's for verification purpose in case we come back.
Hugging the fluffy plushy. Love how stupid it looks!
One of the rides we sat on was a studio tour where a tram would bring us through many film sets in Hollywood and it was just amazing. This was one of them - a huge plane crash. The fake dead bodies were there because they were preparing for halloween.
We just had to take a picture with him because for one of our modules in Iceland, we had to read his whole story and write a group essay on him. Frankenstein - the monster who terrorised us in many ways.
I kind of thought he was trying to prank us or that he was a fake guard standing at his post but he called us over to take pictures with him and these were the two.
What an awesome personality.
Of course we wouldn't leave hollywood without taking a picture with the famous sign!
This was as close we could get - a background picture.
Alas, we were invited to take several hilarious photos of ourselves just to see how we looked and we ended up purchasing this.
Leaving the studios
We headed outside USS to the Citywalk. They had several shops and restaurants and we had dinner at a cheap place before heading back home. We tried our best to stay out as late as possible just to avoid going home to bed bugs. ):
Since we stayed just opposite Hollywood highland center, we crossed over on the last day to take some shots of the Hollywood sign from far. We didn't have time to travel nearer to take a closer shot. I guess in a way this was good enough.
This was one of the favourite parts of my trip and an impromptu one too! We actually reserved a day for Disneyland but it would take 6 hours in total to travel to and fro by public transport, so we decided to give it a miss and find somewhere else to spend our day. I chanced upon this Citadel outlet mall while googling and it took us 2 hours and 2 buses to get there. Brands like U.S Polo Association, Kate Spade, DKNY were really reasonably priced there. I walked away with a lot of goodies that day. Guilty.
Finally, San Francisco! The temperature was a drastic change from LA which was 28 degrees in the day at that time. I froze when I reached San Fran and Sam bought me a jacket because I was hopping from store to store desperately just to stay warm.
Fisherman's wharf
Sourdough bread - turtle shaped
Clam chowder! We had many many more after this one. We made it a point to buy clam chowder from as many different sellers as we could just to try.
We cycled to the Golden Gate bridge on the same day we took the cruise to Alcatraz prison. Our cruise was set for 3pm in the afternoon and therefore since we woke up late, we didn't have time to cycle all the way to Golden Gate and back but we were close enough to take these nice pictures! We were fortunate enough to view this bridge one last time when on the plane leaving San Francisco except that it was covered in fog and the only thing we could see was the top of the vertical structures. It was still kind of cool if you can imagine it.
Enjoying the city with my new fluffy warm jacket!
Alcatraz prison. We stayed to tour till closing time. The most interesting part was learning the story of the 3 escapees who were never found.
One of the nicer jail cells
In jail
Our cruise boat
Bought this crab at Fisherman's wharf. It was fresh, cheap and extremely juicy! We were eating this while standing by the road side and watching fireworks at the same time. They were celebrating the anniversary of Fisherman's wharf. What an experience!
And that was the end of our US side trip!




































No comments:
Post a Comment