Pages

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Room makeover

Sunday, 5 January 2014
This unplanned makeover was sparked when I went on an IKEA date on the 27th with Olivia while they were having a weekend sale after Christmas. I got myself a couple of things including a pillow case, a jar and a cabinet - A CABINET!

So then I got home and looked around and decided I could do something!
Pardon the mess - there were so many things I unpacked after coming back from exchange.
Planning the draft of my room with that white paper on the bed.
Then I cleared most of my stuff on the 28th and went to IKEA again on the 29th to get 11 shelves and a few boxes and 2 lamps for less than $350.
I painted my room with the help of Sam and my bro on the second day and I finished the ceiling by myself!
My bro, dad and I were taking turns to drill holes for my shelves - obviously I did the least because I had not enough strength to keep the drill straight. ):

Finally while dropping by school for SMUX's annual general meeting on the 3rd, I headed to Spotlight at Plaza Singapura to get some fabric for my DIY hairband project! I already had the flower, the round pin for the center of the flower and the ribbon at home. So when I got back, I cut the fabric, machine sewed it together and stuffed a kitchen roll inside and sealed the ends with glue and the flower - all learnt from Pinterest!

With my fanciful range of hairbands!
Finally after removing two big bookcases and replacing the area above my table with just 2 shelves, I had loads to throw and loads to pack away. This was a job finally completed when I had done the above. Presenting my new room!
A girl can never have too many shoes.
Finally my favourite picture of the day! I removed the full length mirror from behind my door and am still thinking of where to place it. It's currently sitting at a good position for me to look at myself before I leave home!

Good bye for now! School starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caught, Blue-handed. © 2014