Thursday, 19 July 2012
Paper cranes
Thursday, 19 July 2012
Paper cranes signify many things but to me, they signify hope and perserverance for the future.
Things have changed since May. I've never really smiled the same way again since then. But I've improved. Thank you to all who have helped me, who have listened, who have advised me. Thank you so much for showering me with care everyday. Friends are forever and I really stand by that quote. I'm just so so grateful...
I really believe that things happen for a reason, that life throws things at us to make us better. We get thrown obstacles so that when we manage to overcome them, we understand ourselves a little better and we grow up day by day. I loved and I was loved back. I've learnt a lot and I hold no regrets, no hate at all.
After it happened, I didn't cry. It took me a week for reality to really sink in and suddenly my tears just wouldn't stop flowing. Days passed by so slowly and it was so scary to be alone, so scary to be not busy. I worked and worked. I didn't want to have free time at all. But when I was working, I wasn't even myself, I kept forgetting things, I kept screwing up, everything was just so screwed up. I thought I was going to die, but no, I won't die. I've just never expected it to hit me so bad.
I thought I was avoiding it, I hardly cried. But when I did, it was so painful and I wouldn't stop for hours. No, I wasn't avoiding it, it was just my way of dealing with it. Through this period.. I learnt how to cry with my eyes closed and silently still. It wasn't a good feeling to know that I learnt how to do something new... but rather it was a realisation that it hurt so bad till I could cry like this.
Days passed, weeks passed, a month passed, now it's almost 2 months... and though I still find myself hurt about it and thinking about it once in awhile, I'm glad I'm slowly moving on, for myself and for nobody else.
Work has been better also. I've written 3 of my own original articles to date. It's a small achievement, but it's enough for me, for now. I'm just so happy! (: Please read! :D
‘Hachiko’ of Jurong East returns to await his master
Jurong’s ‘Hachiko’ caught, to be re-homed
Dog lovers set up organization to look after stray mongrels
I'm beginning to love spontaneity again. What life throws at me, I'm learning to throw it back. There's no time to be sad because we only live life once. Feelings have to be taken care of, but other than that, we are born to learn, to try and to live.
I know what I want now. I want adventure in my life, I want to find passion in what I love to do. But adventure is not going to come to me. I have to seek it. Wish me luck. (:
Labels:
random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good post alyssa. certainly doesn't sound like you 4 years ago but its interesting. ;) came across your blog through your twitter, surprised you still blog dreamsoul!
ReplyDeleteSebas! You still read my after 5/6 years?! Haha. I guess I grew up. Hi!!! (:
Deletehaha i haven't seen your blog for a long time cuz dreamsoul is inaccessible so i thought you stopped. yeah! looking good in those pictures too btw!
DeleteHaha. ohh. nope I never stopped. Just transferred it here. The old posts I kept. Thanks. Hahaha. because I'm fatter? :P When r u coming to SG!!
Deleteoh haha. i see. that's really great! oh no, i don't think you grew in terms of width and.. height! haha! :P so i doubt you actually grew 'up'. kidding alyssa. hope your job has been going well. i think i'm going back m'sia next May so will probably go to SG! really wanna check out the mini vegas there.
Delete