Pages

Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Diving at Tioman

Tuesday, 11 October 2011
I went diving at Tioman over the weekend. It was a very brief trip but we did 5 dives over the 2 days.
Here's Monica our instructor, Terence my dive buddy, me, Zhenning, Cynthia, Marcus, Victor and Eishan. 
I think I was going forward to touch the underside of the sea anemone.(not in the picture) It's soooo soft!! 
I wish it was my blanket!
Terence and me! (: Buddy buddy.
Clearing my mask.
I think we were only 7m deep.
On the boat.
The basic open water divers. We own the deck. Heh.
See... always sleeping/ tanning...

I was actually very sea sick on the second day (Sunday). 
This was me sleeping in between my throwing up sessions. =/
I forgot to take medicine for seasickness that day and so it hit me real bad. I puked a total of 5 times that day. I was so hungry by the time we reached Singapore because everything I ate in the day, I threw up. =/

I'm glad I actually completed my 5 dives. When I finished my 4th dive at Bahara rock, I surfaced and threw up just like that while swimming back to the boat. Then immediately after taking off my gear I threw up again on the boat. Then I went to sleep on the deck. After waking up to prepare for the next dive, I threw up again. So my instructor asked if I wanted to stay on board or dive. Since the sea was calm and I would get seasick on the boat anyway, I decided to dive because I was feeling better after puking. So I dived. 20mins underwater at 17m, I felt sick again. I had no idea how to puke underwater and breathe at the same time so I signalled to her that I needed to go up. So my senior went up with me and while he was "towing" me back to the boat, I puked again. =/ I slept like a baby on the deck since it was hot so I could keep my tummy warm.

All the divers finished their dives and got on board and then we headed back to Tioman. After reaching Tioman, just before getting off, I puked again. Terence my dive buddy was so nice he took the plastic bag that I threw up in and threw it away for me. Basically he helped me keep my gear and everything. I was too weak and pale to do anything... so I went up to my room to bathe and sleep. After feeling much much better, I went to eat lunch and took 2 sea sick pills. Then we left Tioman on the same boat on a 3 hour ride back to Mersing. When we were recording our dive logs on the boat... Ah yes I threw up again. I couldn't take staying awake any longer because my tummy felt sore so I went to sleep. Thankfully, I felt better on the way back on the coach to Singapore. I ate half a tube of mentos on the way back just to keep my glucose level up and to keep me occupied. I was so hungry! Luckily mum cooked extra porridge so I finally ate something at 10pm when I got home. (:

When I got home, I still felt like I was floating at sea. Then when I was bathing I realised that my whole tummy area had red spots like from an allergy. Of course, not to mention I have at least 20 mosquito bites on my legs and hands. Soooo itchy! I finally saw a doctor yesterday evening to ask for itch cream. My legs look pretty bad now. Hahaha.

Anyway, something arrived today and I'm so happy yay! It's my birthday pressie from my bro and he said he will pay for it for me because it's below $5. -.- But it doesn't matter I love it, it's so cute! (:


Yippee!! New phone cover. Heh. Ok break time is up! Time for me to go back to my stats!! I'm dying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caught, Blue-handed. © 2014